How to be Interesting

How to be Interesting
Typical positioning for group shots

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Failure and Sea Robins

Failure and Sea Robins

Today was, well, a failure of a day.

I have the worlds most annoying alarm clock. If you've ever watched Lost, its pretty much the alarm that goes off before the numbers are about to end. Loud and blaring. Kinda like Scottish people. Well I've never really listened to a Scotsman talk. (adding 'hear a scotsman speak in person' to my to do list)

Ok, so side note, my mom is trying to explain to my cat that the cat outside is his reflection and its freakin hilarious. "is a youere sirrrrrrly ho ho ho ho" He recently got neutered. Yeah. Side note over.

So back to todays mess of a day. Lost numbers alarm goes off at 5:50 AM and I try in vain to hold back the day with the snooze button. Doesnt work. So I force myself out off bed at 6:08, shower, get the gear together, and before I can eat, Khomenko's already in the driveway.

Sorry If you hate my fishing stories btw, I promise, I'm planning something so interesting, it'll actually be interesting. I'm planning on breaking into the since abandoned, Marlboro Psychiatric Hospital. That'll probably be a Vlog though, as I plan on getting every step of the way on video.

So we pack the rod in his dad's land rover and drive to the marina. Everything's looking great, and even the rain is holding off. As we step out off the rover, one of the Miss Belmar deckhands shouts to us "They boys are back!" and it was all quite splendid and going according to plan. 20 minutes passed by as Dan and I sat and talked on the Miss B. We planned our trip so that the mixture of inclement weather and the fact that it was a weekday would keep the crowds away. And it worked. However, it worked so well, in fact, that we were the only two on the boat. A tall, bald deckhand politely informed us that the Miss B would not be leaving for the quarter day blue fish trip, and suggested we go with the Ocean Explorer, a fluke/seabass boat, instead.

So we did. And it was crap. As we pulled out of the inlet, I saw that the surf hitting Avon was really high, and later learned that fluke don't hit when a large groundswell comes through. Like right then.

So we spent the rest of the day staring at the water, hoping for a seabass that would surpass the legal minimum length. We got one between the two of us, along with a whole assortment of trash fish, 3 skates for me, 2 sea robins which were promptly thrown back, and 3 seabass that were too small to keep. Dan caught the keeper and a good number of throwbacks too.

And then it rained.

But I did get this cool picture


Oh those luscious thighs.

Thats all for tonight. Come later to read what other exciting and interesting things are documented here. Well maybe not. No more fishing stories for the rest of the week (unless they're really interesting), I promise.

Happy Bastille Day! Viva la France!

-Chris

P.S. my sincerest apologies for the subsequent lack of zombie survival information

2 comments:

  1. Oh man I'm dying to go to an abandoned place! I've recently been watching a show called Ghost Advenutres and they are always going into old abandoned asylums and psychiatric hospitals. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah we have one near by here in marlboro, check out this story its spoooky. its also where im going haha.

    http://www.weirdnj.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=99&Itemid=28

    ReplyDelete